Posted on the 14th February 2020
- Permanent position
Research Engineer in Converter Integration (M/F)
Company: MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC R&D CENTRE EUROPE
1, allée de Beaulieu, CS 10806, 35708 Rennes Cedex 7, France
Type of contract: permanent contract, as soon as possible;
Context and description
MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC is one of the leading manufacturers of power electronics related products such as power devices, inverters for motor drives. As MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC Group’s subsidiary, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC R&D CENTRE EUROPE includes a research division specialised in power electronics and its application to renewable energy systems and power electronic products.
The research team is located in Rennes (France –Bretagne ) and is looking for a research engineer with expertise in converter integration, with the following duties:
- Conducting research in the domain of heterogeneous power integration, die embedding, and multi-objective (cost-performance-reliability) converter and power component optimisation.
- In conjunction with academic partners, developing highly integrated power assemblies and converters and the associated manufacturing processes for extended-lifetime and high-density integration.
Education and experience required
- PhD degree on subjects linked to power integration, converter topologies and their multi-objective optimisation.
- At least 3 or 4 years of experience (including PhD degree) within the field of converter design and integration, through a public or private R&D laboratory (industrial experience is a plus).
- Expertise in power converter topologies, their control, the use and integration of power devices (including wide band-gap: SiC and GaN).
- Basic knowledge of any of the topics of converter stress and reliability, power electronic packaging and associated experimental procedures.
- Familiarity with PCB process flow and real-time control systems.
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as SABER, MATLAB/Simulink, FEM Analysis.
- Ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed schedules.
- Motivated to work in dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priority.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: ability of sharing information with team players (must show evidences of team-working).
- Fluent English.
- Availability for frequent business trips abroad.
Mrs Magali BRANCHEREAU (Human Resources)
Please send your CV and motivation letter in pdf format by email (in object: your name + the reference PES_PERM_012020) to: firstname.lastname@example.org